Build a Dashboard in Google Analytics
This guide will show you how to build a dashboard in Google Analytics to track your Reveal data. Before building dashboards, you should have finished setting up your Reveal Google Analytics integration. If you haven't done so already, you can get started here.
Total time required to follow the steps in this guide: 5 minutes
Within Google Analytics
Create a New Dashboard:
- Click on Customization.
- Select Dashboards.
- Press Create to create a new dashboard.
Create a Dashboard:
- Click on Blank Canvas for a clean view of your Reveal data.
- Then, name your dashboard.
- Press Create Dashboard.
Add a Widget:
With widgets in dashboard, you're able to track the specific dimension(s), you've set up with Clearbit Reveal, like Clearbit Company Domain or Clearbit Company Name.
- Name your Widget title.
- Select Table as the Standard.
- Under Display the following columns, set the dimension you want to track and add Users as the metric.
In this example, we've successfully set up Clearbit Company Name as the dimension to track.
Note: you'll have to add each unique dimension as a widget to see Reveal data for the specific Clearbit data point.
Within each dimension, you can set filters to only show the audience you want to track.
- Click on Filter to add a filter.
- Choose between Don't show or Only show.
Specify the Dimension and condition you want to filter for.
In this example, we've filtered out Company Names with Clearbit and companies of a particular size. To filter by Company Employees, here are the Employee Ranges Clearbit returns.
For deeper analysis, we highly recommend adding Segments to use with your new Clearbit custom dimensions (think of Segments like a global filter)
- Click +Add Segment.
- Press +New Segment.
- Name your Segment (we'll use Target Tech here).
- Under Advanced, click on Conditions.
- Click on Add Content and select Company Tech.
Note: In this example, we've named our Segment Target Tech and have set the conditions to allow us to segment incoming Reveal data for companies that use a specific tech.
- Press Save
Here's a walkthrough of how to add a Segment.
The sky's the limit!
Now that you know how to create Widgets and Segments with Reveal Data, options are limitless on how you'd like to use them.
Here are a few other ideas to help you add sophistication - you could:
- Create a Segment for B2B vs. B2C and then Add a Pie Chart to show traffic by Source
- Add a Bar Chart to display Conversions by SubIndustry or Company Employee Range
Now that you have your dashboard set up in Google Analytics, you'll start to notice Reveal data trickle onto the widget with time. Clearbit's Reveal results are dependent on the volume of traffic from your site so it's recommended to allow 2 weeks for a more comprehensive overview of the data captured.
If you're not seeing Reveal data in your GA an hour after setup get in touch with us at email@example.com and we'll help you out!