Legacy: How to use Clearbit data in Google Analytics 4
Last Updated: January 12, 2024
🔍 Please note: This article is for customers on Standard Bundle, Enrichment, or Clearbit Platform plans. If you signed up in 2024, you are on a Sales Intelligence for HubSpot plan: Free, Growth, or Business.
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
This guide will show you how to use Clearbit data in Google Analytics 4. Before building reports, you should have finished setting up your Google Analytics 4 integration. If you haven't done so already, you can get started here.
How to Use Clearbit Data in Comparisons
Easily compare data in Google Analytics 4's prebuilt views by using 'comparisons'. The below view compares all traffic versus traffic Clearbit revealed to be from companies in the Internet Software & Services industry.
- Click the Reports in the left hand navigation
- Use any of the pre built dashboards. In the report above, I used Acquisition Overview
- From there click Add Comparison +
- Select the dimension you'd like to use. I used 'Company Industry'. I set the comparison to only show me traffic from the Internet Software & Services industry
- Click save to see your comparison shown in the orange line
How to Build a Custom Report
For more detailed analysis and further customizations, create a report from scratch.
- Click Explore in the left hand navigation
- Create a blank report
- Select the Segments and Metrics you'd like to include
- The key piece is the Dimensions. There you'll find the Clearbit attributes you'd like to breakdown in your report
- In my example I used 'Est Employee Range'
- Add the variables to the next step of the report, the settings pane
- There are infinite ways to work the data, but I recommend setting a Clearbit dimension as the 'row'
- Any portion of your data that wasn't matched to companies will be listed as (not set). To remove this traffic, head to Settings > Filter, and exclude the (not set).
- In my example I used 'Est Employee Range does not exactly match (not set)
💡 Clearbit Tip: If your integration was set up recently, Clearbit data will trickle into your reports with time. Clearbit's results are dependent on the volume of traffic from your site so it's recommended to allow 2 weeks for a more comprehensive overview of the data captured.