When you use Clearbit Refresh, any data point that has changed will be updated on a monthly cadence.
What if you want to see the updated data on a Lead, Contact, or Account view?
There are two ways to go about this, you could:
- Map the Clearbit field you want directly onto a Lead, Contact, or Account
- Use a Process Builder workflow to update a standard or custom field on your Lead, Contact, or Account
In this article, we’ll walk through how to use method #2 to build a workflow that will write directly into an existing standard or custom field.
1. Build a Process Builder Workflow
- head to Setup
- in the Quick Find / Search bar, type in Process Builder
- click into Process Builder
- and click New to start a new Process Builder workflow
2. Under Process Name, you’ll want to name the workflow you’re building and set the process starts when A record changes
For this example, let’s build a workflow to overwrite the Employees field on Accounts every time Clearbit Refresh has an updated number on a company’s employees count.
3. Now, let’s add an Object - this is the kind of record the workflow will focus on.
- click on + Add Object
- select Clearbit
- click to Start the process when a record is created or edited
- and press Save
4. Next, we’ll define the Criteria to trigger this workflow
For Condition #1, select the field: cbit__Account__c
- Set the Condition to: cbit__Account__c | Is null | Boolean | False
- For Condition #2, select the field: Status
- Set the Condition to: cbit__Status__c
- Set the Condition to: cbit__Status__c | Equals| Number | 200
- Set the Conditions to All of the conditions are met (AND)
- Press Save
5. Click on Immediate Actions
- Choose: Select a record related to the cbit__Clearbit__c
- For the Record Type, select: cbit__Accounts__r
- Set the Field you want to updated
In our example, we want to update the Employees field on the Account record so this field is chosen.
- Set Type to Field Reference
- Set Value to [cbit__Clearbit__c].cbit__CompanyMetricEmployees__c
6. Activate the Process Builder workflow.