One of the most powerful features of the Clearbit Salesforce integration is the ability to alert account owners when one of their Named Accounts hits your website in real-time. This powerful signal of buying intent can be surfaced to reps as either Salesforce tasks or email alerts when we detect that employees of any of your accounts have hit your site X number of times in a single day.
This guide will help you get up and running quickly:
Step 1: Set up Reveal for Google Analytics
An active Clearbit Reveal GA plan is required. Contact our success team to add the plan to your account if necessary. Make sure to follow our Reveal setup guide to start identifying your anonymous site traffic.
Step 2: Add Reveal data to your Account Layout
Next you'll want to get your new reveal data flowing into Salesforce.
- Find Clearbit Settings within Salesforce and flip on the Sync Clearbit Reveal Data toggle. Once this is On, Clearbit will pull fresh Reveal data into your Clearbit custom object on an hourly basis.
- Now, let's create alerts - you'll need to add a custom field to your Account layout where hourly Reveal data can be viewed. The best way to do this is by using Process Builder.
- Head to Setup > Accounts > and click on Fields
- Under Account Custom Fields & Relationships, click New
- For Data Type, select Number
- You'll need to name the Field Label and change the Decimal Places to 0
- Once the field has been added to the layout, let's set up the Process Builder workflow.
- Head to Setup > Process Builder
- Within the My Processes page, click on New (top, right corner)
- Name the process and select to start the process when A record changes
- Set the Object to Clearbit and start the process only when a record is created or edited
- Name the Criteria Name and select the Criteria for Executing Actions to Conditions are met
- To set the Condition, click on Field and choose cbit__Account__c
- Set the Criteria to cbit__Account__c | Is null | Boolean | False
- And set Conditions to All of the conditions are met (AND)
- Next, add an Immediate Action where the type is Update Records
- Select the Record: cbit__Accounts__r
- In the Field Dropdown select the custom field you created earlier
- Change Type to Field Reference
- Change Value to Reveal Daily Count
- Activate the Process by clicking the blue button in the upper right
Now you have a field on your Account layout that is automatically updated with daily site visit data on an hourly basis!
Step 3: Create Alerts
Lastly, we'll use Workflow Rules to create alerts based on Reveal data.
- Head to Setup > Workflow Rules and click New Rule
- Set Object to account
- Name the rule and set evaluation criteria to created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria.
- Set your criteria. You'll want to set the custom field you created to be greater than a threshold of your choosing. In the video above we chose 5 visits, meaning that this workflow will trigger any day employees of this account visit our site at least 5 times. Note that with this setup, this workflow will only trigger at most once per day per account.
- On the next page, you can create the action you want to take. We recommend either creating a task for the account, or triggering an email alert. In the video, we create a task that is assigned to the account owner.
- Finish walking through the steps and activate your new workflow rule.
That's all there is to it. Total set up time should be under 10 minutes. If you have any trouble getting set up or questions about what's possible, feel free to reach out to our support team!