Legacy: Getting Started with the Advertising Influence Report
🔍 Please note: This article is for customers on Standard Bundle, Enrichment, or Clearbit Platform plans. If you signed up in 2024, you are on a Sales Intelligence for HubSpot plan: Free, Growth, or Business.
Last Updated: January 18, 2023
What is the advertising influence report?
The advertising influence report allows you to see how many website visits, opportunities, and closed won deals were influenced by Clearbit advertising audiences. Influence metrics can be viewed over the last 7, 14, or 30 days.
An audience is determined as having “influenced” a visit, opportunity, or deal if the company was included in an advertising audience that you are actively spending money on.
In other words, if a company is being targeted in an active campaign on the same day that a visit, opportunity, or deal is created then we count that as “influenced.”
Advertising influence metrics
- Influenced Visits: The number of website visits from companies who were actively being targeted in a Clearbit influenced ad set on the same day that the visit occurred.
- Influenced Opportunities: The number of opportunities created from companies who were actively being targeted in a Clearbit influenced ad set on the same day the opportunity was created.
- Influenced Closed Won Deals: The number of closed won deals from companies who were actively being targeted in a Clearbit influenced ad set on the same day the deal closed.
How do I use the advertising influence report?
- Quantify impact on engagement, pipeline, and customer acquisition. These reports offer a starting point for value reporting. Reference these numbers to monitor the impact that Clearbit Advertising is having on revenue generation efforts.
- Understand the broader impact that campaigns are having, beyond click attribution. Typically “click-through” attribution models are overly constrained, requiring that users go through very specific steps to be attributed to pipeline or revenue (e.g the user must click on an ad and immediately fill out a form). This often misses the more dynamic nature of the buying process (e.g. user clicks an ad, engages with the website, leaves, googles the website, …, and then finally submits a form). Influence metrics offer a way of broadening your scope to account for the many ways that users can engage and ultimately be “influenced” to become a customer.
Frequently asked questions
- How far back can we measure influence? Influence metrics can measure impact on views, opportunities, and won deals within the previous 7, 14, or 30 days. We do not currently retain influence data longer than 30 days.
- Which opportunities does Clearbit include in the Influenced Opportunities metric? Clearbit includes all Salesforce opportunities. If the customer uses Salesforce to track and measure renewals, those opportunities will be included in the influence metrics.