The Google Conversion Destination allows you to sync People Destinations from Clearbit with the Google AdWords API, to create a direct connection between the conversions tracked in your CRM and Google Ads Manager.
Utilizing Clearbit Conversions will enhance all of your Google Ads reporting, targeting, and budget optimization.
- Improved Ad Targeting. Clearbit Conversions create a feedback loop between your sales outcomes and Google’s ad targeting by telling Google what successful conversions look like so they can find more people like that when optimizing your campaigns.
- Leverage Smart Bidding. Easily include the revenue generated from each conversion to allow Google to learn to optimize your budget towards high valuable outcomes instead of low-value outcomes.
- More Accurate Reporting. See and measure the impact your ad spend is having on Clearbit Conversions directly within Google Ads. This allows you to understand how many leads your campaigns are generating and their cost to make intelligent budget decisions.
How it works
Historically, conversions were tracked using 3rd party cookies. However, with increased privacy controls, ad blockers, and the coming deprecation of 3rd party cookies across the web, this tactic is no longer reliable.
With Clearbit Conversions, you are able to bypass the need for tracking conversions with 3rd party cookies, and instead, send server-to-server conversion data directly to Google AdWords via API. This ensures user data stays secure and results in more accurate and complete tracking than prior methods.
- User clicks on an ad and arrives on your site.
- User browses your site and reads about your product/solution.
- User fills in a form on your site and becomes a lead
- Clearbit Conversions automatically sends this to Google AdWords, resulting in ROAS Reporting, quality targeting, and value-based bidding.
- Ensure that clearbit.js is on your site either directly or via Segment or Google Tag Manager.
- In Clearbit, create a Person Audience to determine when to send a quality conversion event. Here, you can define what a quality conversion is for your business based on any combination of your CRM data, Clearbit attributes, and custom traits.
- Configure your Conversion Event within the Destinations tab to send to the proper Google AdWords Account. Further, define your event name, type, and value. By inserting your event value, you are able to unlock value-optimized bidding within Google, which will further improve your ROAS.
Pro Tip: Make the most of your Offline Conversion data in Google Ads by leveraging Smart Bidding. With Smart Bidding, optimize towards the conversions furthest down the funnel where you have >30 conversions/ month (campaign) and <21 days conversion delay.
Google AdWords Account - Once you've authenticated to Google, you'll be able to select any AdWords account that you manage.
Conversion Tracker - If you have multiple Conversions associated with your Google account, you'll be prompted to select one. For help creating your first Conversion inside Google AdWords, click here.