Set Up a Facebook Conversion
Last Updated: May 24, 2022
The Facebook Conversion Destination allows you to sync People Destinations from Clearbit with the Facebook Offline Conversions API, to create a direct connection between the conversions tracked in your CRM and Facebook Ads Manager.
❗️ Disclaimer: To create a Facebook conversion, you'll first need to either install the Clearbit tag and implement identify calls, or you'll need to configure our Segment integration. Please follow these Preliminary setup steps.
Configure Facebook Conversion Destination
- Select the People tab on the left-hand side menu.
- Choose your created People Audience.
- Click to the Destinations tab on top, to push the event into Facebook.
💡 Clearbit tip: Remember to check your Facebook Settings!
Limited Data Use - When you create a Clearbit Conversion, you can enable Facebook’s Limited Data Use feature. This may help you comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Facebook Account - Once you've authed to Facebook, you'll be able to select any business account that you manage.
Facebook Pixel - If you have multiple Facebook pixels associated with your Facebook account, you'll be prompted to select one.
- Select the Facebook account you would like to send the conversion to.
- Select the Facebook pixel that will process the conversion event.
- Select a Standard Event type, or create a custom event.
- Define the conversion value and currency.
- Click the Save Changes button. And... that's it!
How To Review Your Conversion Event
To see the Conversion event inside of Facebook:
- Toggle to Facebook Events Manager.
- Confirm that the conversion event is pulling into Facebook.
- Navigate to your Event Match Quality score number.
- Confirm that the email address is at 100%.
📝 Please note: It’s important to understand that not all your events will have _fbc parameters. Traffic from organic searches, google ads, or email campaigns won’t contain _fbc since interactions with the site don't happen on Facebook.
- Go to Events Manager and select the account that you want to use.
- Select Create.
- Select Create custom conversion.
- Select the right data source from the drop-down menu.
- Select a conversion event from the drop-down menu.
- Select Create when you're ready.
- Toggle back to Events Manager.
- Click on Aggregated Event Measurement.
- Prioritize your event (the top event, since it’s the highest intent action).
- Create a new campaign. When creating the new campaign make sure you choose
Optimize towards conversions and at the ad set level select the custom conversion.