How to create a Google Conversion
Facebook conversions use the Google Ads API to send events server-side, bypassing ad blockers and operating system restrictions like the one released by Apple in their iOS 14.5 privacy update.
Create a Google Conversion Action
Before creating a Conversion in Clearbit, you need to define your Conversion Action in Google Ads Manager.
Create a new Conversion Action
If you already have the appropriate conversion action defined, using the Import source, you can skip the first step.
- Select Tools > Conversions
- Choose the Import conversion type
- Select Other data sources or CRMs
- Select Track conversions from clicks
- Click Continue
Configure the Conversion Action
Define the name, default conversion value, and conversion count rules.
- Define the Conversion name
- Select Use different values for each conversion (conversion values will be set in Clearbit)
- Select Every (recommended) or One, depending on how you count conversions
- Define your conversion window (we recommend 90 days)
- Define your attribution model*
*If you decide to change your attribution model later, the historical data will not change. You will only see conversions using the new attribution model at that point onwards.
Create a Google Conversion in Clearbit
Before configuring your Google Conversion, you need to define your Conversion criteria using a Person Segment.
Every time a person enters (or re-enters) that segment, Clearbit will send a conversion event to Facebook (e.g. when a lead becomes an MQL).
Select the Facebook Conversion destination
Once you have selected or created the right Person Segment...
- Navigate to the Destinations tab, located in the top-middle of the page.
- Create a Google Conversion event.
Configure the Google Conversion
To configure the Google Conversion:
- Select the Google account that will receive the conversion event.
- Select the Conversion Action that you created.
- Define the conversion value and currency.
Once you have configured your conversion, click Save changes. And... that's it!
How quickly can I see new Conversions? Clearbit batches conversion events every 24 hours. Those events will be available to audit from the Facebook Event Manager page.