How to build a pipeline acceleration campaign for Google Ads (GDN & Youtube)
Pipeline acceleration campaigns are designed to surround influencers and decision makers with ads while they're in an active sales cycle.
These campaigns are designed to maximizing share of voice (SOV) and the end of the buying cycle. Executed well, it creates a lasting emotional connection with your buyers, improves brand sentiment, and increases the chance of a successful deal.
Common creative includes testimonials, reviews, customer stories, ROI reports, and product videos.
Why Google Display and Youtube?
In a word: reach! Google's display network covers 95% of internet users in the world. Youtube has 2 billion logged-in monthly users. In other words, if they're in your audience you can reach them.
With Google Display and Youtube, you're sure to never miss.
1. Create a new Contact Audience
In the Clearbit platform, navigate to the Audiences tab and click Create New Audience > Advertise to contacts.
2. Create (or select) a Company Segment
Company segments allow you to create dynamic audiences based on account and opportunity stages.
3. Define a segment for open opportunities
Use your CRM fields to build a dynamic list of companies in active sales cycles.
No need to define your person criteria for this campaign. Clearbit will automatically pull all of the person records associated with that account in your database to maximize reach and engagement.
Example: Open Opportunities in Salesforce
- Closed (Boolean) - When the Closed field is marked False, the opportunity is open.
- Stage - If your organization has early stages that you would like to exclude, we recommend using the Stage field instead. Stage gives you granular control over the stages that are included in your campaign, and excluded. In this example, we exclude stages 1 and 1.5 to focus our impressions on pipeline that has been qualified by the sales team.
- Type - Important if your Salesforce org uses opportunities to track renewal opportunities. Use the Type field to only select new business opportunities, and exclude renewals.
3. Sync your audience to Google
Select your Google Ad Account from the dropdown and click Create & Sync Audience.
The audience will populate in Google, adding all of the contacts in your CRM related to that account.
4. Launch your Display or Youtube campaign
The audience is available to use across all of Google's placements. But for pipeline acceleration campaigns, we recommend Google Display Network (GDN) and Youtube campaigns.
When launching these campaigns, we recommend bidding strategies that maximize impression-share and brand awareness.
- Cost-per-thousand viewable impressions (vCPM) - vCPM bid strategies maximize the number of people who see your ad, regardless of interaction.
- Cost-per-view (CPV) - Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding maximizes the number of video views. With CPV bidding, you'll pay for video views or interactions (such as clicks on call-to-action overlays, cards, and companion banners).
- Target Impression Share Bidding (Smart Bidding) - This smart bidding strategy is focused on brand awareness and helping you reach as many people as possible. It allows you to target a specific % of impression share.