Legacy: Set up SAML authentication with Azure
🔍 Please note: This article is for customers on Standard Bundle, Enrichment, or Clearbit Platform plans. If you signed up in 2024, you are on a Sales Intelligence for HubSpot plan: Free, Growth, or Business.
These instructions outline the steps that your Azure administrator must take to create, activate, and assign users to access Clearbit apps through SAML authentication.
Before you begin: Initiating and completing the SAML authentication setup requires collaboration with a Clearbit Implementation Manager. Contact our team for assistance.
Create a custom SAML 2.0 app in Azure
Clearbit integrates with Azure through a custom SAML app setup, and is not available in Azure's integration library.
- To create the custom SAML app navigate to the Azure Portal and go to New Application button
- Click the Create your own Application button, provide a name for the app (e.g. Clearbit) and select the Integrate any other application you don't find in the gallery option and click create
Provide a name for the app (e.g. Clearbit). Optionally, add a description and icon (we
recommend this icon), and click Next.
- From there you should be redirected to the Overview page for your app. Navigate to the Single sign-on item under the Manage menu and select the SAML option for your single sign-on method.
Fill out the Basic SAML Configurations with the following information:
- Identifier (Entity ID): a unique URL will be provided by our team.
- Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL): a unique URL will be provided by our team.
Configure Attributes & Claims with the following:
- Unique User Identifier (Name Id) - Should be configured correctly by default
- Create SAML Certificate
Assign users or groups to the custom SAML 2.0 app
To identify all of the users who currently have access to your Clearbit account, navigate to Teams > Users in the Clearbit dashboard.
Assign individual users/groups
Share your SAML app details with the Clearbit team
To complete the implementation, you will need to share important SAML app details with the Clearbit team. After you have created your custom SAML application, follow these instructions to access and share the required information:
- Click the View SAML setup instructions button in the SAML setup section of your app.
- Copy and share the following configuration information with the Clearbit team:
- Login URL (Identity Provider SSO URL in Clearbit)
- Azure AD Identifier (Identity Provider Issuer)
- Can be found by navigating to your App Federation Metadata URL (found with SAML certificate configs) in your browser should be visible between <X509Certificate> tags in rendered XML
Enable SAML authentication
SAML authentication must be enabled by a Clearbit employee using the information you shared in the previous step.
Once you have successfully created the SAML app, assigned users, shared your app details with the Clearbit team, and are ready to enable SAML authentication, contact us and we will complete the setup process!
If you would like to coordinate the enablement and testing of your app, our team is happy to arrange a call to complete the setup together and answer any questions you may have.