Last Updated: July 15, 2022
[Legacy] Getting Started with the Clearbit Integration for Prospector
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Clearbit Integration for Prospector allows you to search for new leads based on specific criteria you set, or by uploading a list of domains.
Skip Ahead to:
- Tips for Searching with the Prospector App
- Search Filters Explained
- Manage Your Team's Prospector Usage
- How Do Reveal and Prospector Work Together in Salesforce?
Tips for Searching with the Prospector App
Start with as few criteria as possible
We'd recommend using Location with one other search filter (like Business Classifications). You can always add on a criterion or two to better define the list.
If you'd like to prospect by State, be sure to spell out the full State name
For example, use 'California' instead of 'CA'. The City or Postal Code search filter is a free-form field, so when you search by 'California', you'll get a list of all the companies in California, but also a few on California St.
Prospect into (up to) 500 companies at once
Clicking on Load will allow you to load more companies onto the list.
Remove all duplicate Accounts from the list you're building
Use the 'Remove duplicated accounts' button to remove all the duplicate Accounts that already exists in your Salesforce org. To be precise, Prospector dedupes against domains for Accounts and against emails for Leads and Contacts.
Prospecting into Enterprise companies
When searching for emails in bigger companies, use the Role and Seniority filters together - this will help you narrow down to the folks you want.
Prospecting into SMBs
When searching for emails in startups or SMBs, try using the Seniority filter on its own. Smaller companies tend to have departments loosely defined so the Seniority filter should get you to the email you want.
Find a prospect by Name or Title
The Name or Title free-form field is great for looking up prospects by First Name, Last Name, Full Name or their exact title. We'll only return an exact result for you so if you're unsure about someone's last name, try searching with just their first name!
Search Filters Explained
- Industry Tags | the Tags filter is recommended for use when you're looking for fine-grained company segmentation. The Supertags filter returns business classifications on a higher level and is great for looking up generic categories that can be applied broadly to any company.
- Technology | the Technologies filter helps you determine if a customer is using the specified technology. When multiple technologies are specified together, the results can be used as an indicator to narrow down to the companies that are at a certain sophistication level / ready to buy your product. The Technologies filter is also an easy way to find customers that are using a competing solution.
- Estimated Annual Revenue | Estimated Annual Revenue can be used as a pre-qualifying filter to help you narrow down to companies with the right amount of purchasing power.