How to Create a Job Change Report in Clearbit's Legacy Salesforce Integration
Last Updated: May 17, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
With Clearbit's proprietary job change data, it’s now possible to see when your existing leads, contacts, or champions change jobs.
Our inactiveAt field represents the time at which we first believe a Lead or Contact became inactive at that position. It's updated nightly in Salesforce and is powered on 2 key data-points:
- Email Deliverability: once a month, we'll ping the email to make sure it's active.
- Employment: once a month, we'll check the Clearbit Person employment data for changes.
You can get started by running a report on all Leads (or Contacts) where inactiveAt has a value. Within a few seconds, you'll be able to save your time a heap of time by weeding out a group of stale contacts.
Create a Job Change Report
The way to surface this insight is to pull a simple Salesforce report. In Clearbit Analytics - choose the first report Recent Contact and Lead Inactive Emails.
Alternatively, you can manually create this report by following the steps below:
- Find the Reports tap, and select the New Report button.
- Under Choose Report Type, search for Leads and Clearbit, select it and hit the continue button. (To run a report on Contacts, select Contacts & Accounts and Clearbit)
- From the left-hand pane, double-click on the fields below to see them in your report:
- Clearbit: inactiveAt
- Clearbit: Linkedin Handle
- Lead Owner
- Click the Filters tab, and set the Show Me field to All leads.
- Confirm that the Create Date field is set to All time.
- In the Add filter search bar, find Clearbit: inactiveAt, and set it to not equal to "".
- Run the report, and that's it!
💡 Clearbit Tip: As a best practice, we'd recommend scheduling the report to run once a month.