How Do I Integrate Clearbit Reveal with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio?
Last Updated: May 23, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
This article documents the steps needed to combine first and third-party data (Clearbit) together in Google Analytics. It covers setting up Data Studio at a high level via PostgreSQL. If you're looking for the Reveal GA integration guide, please go here.
How To Reveal with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio
- Either visit: https://datastudio.google.com or from inside Google Reporting Suite, select the drop-down from the top left corner and select the option for Data Studio then select Get Started.
- Select Data Sources from the left-hand menu, then choose the integration your team will be connecting. Clearbit uses Amazon Redshift. You can select PostgreSQL for this.
- Authenticate your Database. Depending on how your database is configured, you may need to write a custom query. Make sure the fields you want to pass are selected. You will need to check with your operations team for exact querying.
- Select the table option and draw a box on the page.
- Select the table you just created. On the right-hand side select Blend Data.
- Choose your data sources, and what dimensions you will be using from each, and make sure to join by a matching key.
- Select Save in the bottom right hand of the menu.
- From the right side menu, pull the dimensions and metrics you blended and will be in your report:
You will most likely want to add some filters (including email and specific high-value pages) to your report so that each rep gets their own custom dashboard to review daily.
ie: for email, you'll want to add the following, and change this for each copied dashboard that you may wish to create.
- Add Date Range to your report to allow users to filter activity by date.
- Edit field names as desired, and share with respective team members.