Legacy: What are Destinations and Destination Triggers?
Last Updated: January 12 , 2024
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
🔍 Please note: This article is for customers on Standard Bundle, Enrichment, or Clearbit Platform plans. If you signed up in 2024, you are on a Sales Intelligence for HubSpot plan: Free, Growth, or Business.
Destinations are where you want Clearbit to notify you of a new person or company joining your segments.
Skip Ahead to:
- What are Destinations?
- Set up Destinations
- What are Destination Triggers?
What are Destinations?
With Destinations, you can trigger any number of advanced marketing workflows. For instance:
- Use the Facebook Custom Audience Destination to automatically sync any segment to a Facebook Audience and serve highly targeted ads using Clearbit, intent and SFDC data.
- Use the Salesforce Destination to notify your account executives when an account with an open opportunity has a spike in traffic.
- Use the Email Destination to send your sales team a weekly prospecting list of net-new accounts (i.e. accounts not in your CRM) that have hit your site in the last week and fit your ideal customer profile.
- Use the Slack Destination to send a notification to your customer success managers when one of their contacts leaves their job.
Set Up Destinations
- Click the Destinations tab while viewing any Segment.
Choose either an Alerting Destination, or an Ad Destination:
- Salesforce - create a Task or post to Chatter when a company/person matches a segment
- Slack - post to Slack when a company/person matches a segment
- Email - send a scheduled email digest of companies/people matching a segment
- Webhook - post to a URL of your choice when a company/person matches a segment
- Facebook Custom Audience - create highly targeted ads by syncing a segment to a Facebook Custom Audience
- Facebook Retargeting Audience - add a visitor to a Facebook retargeting audience when they match a segment
- Google Remarketing Audience - add a visitor to a Google remarketing audience when they match a segment
What are Destination Triggers?
For each Destination, you must configure a Destination Trigger, which is a specific condition that must be met for the notification to appear in your Destination. Example triggers include:
- On page view - The Destination is triggered on every page view if a person/company matches an audience. This is ideal for real-time intent driven audiences, and is often combined with suppression settings to prevent a flood of notifications.
- Audience Sync - The Destination is updated to stay in sync with an audience. This is primarily used on Destinations like Facebook Custom Audiences where a person is added to the audience when they enter the audience and is removed when they exit the audience
📝 Please note: Not all Destinations support every trigger type.