Google Remarketing Destination
The Google Retargeting Audience destination allows you to use Clearbit X company segments to build highly targeting audiences of your website visitors within Google Adwords.
Note: This destination requires the clearbit.js snippet to be present on your website.
How it works
Standard Google Remarketing allows you to track visitors to your website and serve ads to them based on the pages that they've visited.
Clearbit X will identify which companies anonymous traffic is coming from, match those companies to any of your company segments, and automatically create a Google Audience using all of that additional context in addition to visitors' website activity.
Instead of simply placing generic ads against anyone who visits your site, you can -
- Use rich firmographic data from Clearbit Enrichment to focus your ad spend on only visitors from companies that match your ideal customer profile.
- Increase conversion by customizing your ad creatives to speak more specifically to your visitors based on attributes like the technology they use or industry they are in.
- Save ad spend by suppressing ads to existing customers or employees.
- Double down on spend to visitors from late stage opportunities (using Salesforce data)
The net result are ad creatives that are more applicable to customers, as well as much more effective ad spend.
- Ensure that clearbit.js and Google Analytics are on your site.
- In Clearbit X, select a segment from Companies and select the Google Remarketing Audience Destination from the Destinations tab.
- If you haven't Oauthed with Google, you'll be prompted to do so.
- Follow the prompts to select the Google Ads Account, and name your new Audience
- To see your new Audience, head to Google Analytics, then Admin > Audience Definitions > Audiences. Note: It may take up to a few hours for Google to fully sync your audience.
Check out Google's help docs to learn more about using Remarketing Audiences within Google Ads
Trigger - Sets the criteria for a person/company to trigger the destination.
- Page View - The Destination is triggered any time a person that matches the segment hits your website.
Google Analytics Account - Once you've authed to Google, you'll be able to select any analytics account that you manage.
Google Analytics Property - Select the Analytics property that is present on your website.
Google Analytics View - Set this to the view that is synced to your Ads Account (We recommend "All Web Site Data" which is Google's default analytics view)
Google Ads Account - Select the Google Ads account you wish to sync your new audience to
Google Remarketing Audience Name- Clearbit X will create a new Google Remarketing Audience to send matches to.