Custom HTML Destination (beta)
Note: This destination is still in beta. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
How it works
Clearbit X will identify which companies anonymous traffic is coming from, match those companies to any of your company segments, and automatically execute any HTML/JS of your choosing.
As Company Segments have access to Clearbit firmographic enrichment as well as your sales data (via Salesforce) you can power use cases like -
- Surface pop ups or chat widgets to late stage accounts
- Surface special offers to highly qualified companies
- Send additional attributes to analytics or ads vendors of your choosing
Note: Currently it can take up to 1 second for Clearbit to match a visitor to your segment, so while in beta, it may not be suited for synchronous use-cases like directly customizing elements of your website (title copy, customer logos, etc.)
- Ensure that clearbit.js is on your site.
- In Clearbit X, select a segment from Companies and select the Custom HTML Destination from the Destinations tab.
- Add the code you want to execute in the box. In the example below, a browser alert will be triggered whenever a visitor matches a company segment (not recommended).
Note: Remember to wrap any JS in <script></script> tags
alert("Hello! I am an alert box!!");
Trigger - Sets the criteria for a person/company to trigger the destination.
- Page View - The Destination is triggered any time a person that matches the segment hits your website.
Custom HTML - Input the HTML/JS that you want to execute on segment match.