Clearbit for Marketo: Forms Enrichment FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I add the same Clearbit-Marketo form to the same page multiple times?
- What are Allowed Referrers and why are they needed for my Marketo forms?
- How do I set the visibility rules for dynamic form shortening?
- How do the Clearbit-Marketo field mappings work?
- Can Clearbit enrich any type of Marketo field?
- Does Clearbit keep logs of what has been enriched in my Marketo account?
- Can I connect multiple Marketo accounts to my Clearbit account?
Can I add the same Clearbit-Marketo form to the same page multiple times?
What are Allowed Referrers and why are they needed for my Marketo forms?
- Log into your Clearbit account and go to your API Dashboard.
- Under API Settings, you should have one or more domains listed in the Allowed Referrers box.
If you do not have Allowed Referrers set, add any domains where you will have a Clearbit-Marketo form deployed (only one domain per line). Here are some examples:
- clearbit.com - This will whitelist the clearbit.com homepage and any page on the clearbit.com domain. For example, adding this also whitelists clearbit.com/advertising.
- dashboard.clearbit.com - This will whitelist only pages that exist on the dashboard subdomain of Clearbit's website.
- *.clearbit.com - This will whitelist any page on any subdomain of Clearbit's website.
If I wanted to add all three of these to my Allowed Referrers, here's how it would look:
How do I set the visibility rules for dynamic form shortening?
Our forms troubleshooting article walks through the steps for this and provides an example. You can see that in this article under "Make sure the form's visibility rules are configured correctly".
How do the Clearbit-Marketo field mappings work?
Your field mappings determine what data will be written to each field on a lead when the Clearbit enrichment webhook is triggered. You can view your field mappings here (you will have to log in first). Select a Clearbit attribute from the dropdown at the top to map it to one of your Marketo fields. The attribute will be added to your field mappings with the Clearbit attribute on the left and the corresponding Marketo field on the right.
Can Clearbit enrich any type of Marketo field?
Yes, but you should make sure you map a Clearbit attribute to a Marketo field of the same type. For example, if you are mapping Clearbit's annual revenue data, you should map it to an Integer field, whereas job title would be mapped to a String field. You can read more about Marketo's different types of fields in their documentation here.
Does Clearbit keep logs of what has been enriched through my Marketo forms?
Yes, you can view the logs in your Clearbit-Marketo Dashboard. If you click the link under the Result column, you will see a breakdown of each data value that was written to that lead as well as a status code and timestamp for the enrichment.
Can I connect multiple Marketo accounts to my Clearbit account?
No, only one Marketo account can be used with each Clearbit account. If you need to change the Marketo account that is connected to your Clearbit account, you can do so here. If you're unsure about what to fill into that form, click Setup and follow the steps provided.