Set Up Site Visitor Audiences for Facebook and Google Ads
Last Updated: November 8, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Site Visitor Audiences in Clearbit Advertising let you identify, qualify, and retarget website visitors based on their firmographic and technographic attributes. That's a fancy way of saying, you can retarget people based on the company they're from and the technology their company uses.
Skip Ahead to:
- How To Create a Site Visitor in Clearbit Advertising
- How To Sync Your Site Audiences to Facebook or Google Ads
- How To Use Your Site Audience in a Facebook or Google Campaign
How To Create a Site Visitor in Clearbit Advertising
- Make sure you have the Clearbit Tag installed.
📝 Please note: If you sync your Clearbit data to Segment, make sure you have the tracking disabled in the Clearbit platform. You can do this by heading to your Connections tab and disabling tracking by using the radio button.
- Head over to the Audiences tab in Clearbit.
- Click Create a new audience button on the top right.
Choose to Advertise to website visitors.
Define your company audience. You can either create a new audience in Clearbit or choose from an existing company audience.
To Create a Brand-New Audience:
- Click Create a Company Audience.
- Give it a name, then choose the collection from the drop-down you want to save the audience to, so you can use it for other audiences later.
- Specify the Attributes for the site visitors you’d like to target from the drop-down menu.
Choose an Existing Company Audience:
- Choose the Audiences from the list of your already created Audiences from the Collections drop-down.
- To remind yourself of the audience's criteria, click Show preview.
- Click the Next button and choose your Facebook Ads or Google Ads account you would like to synch your Clearbit Advertising Audience to.
How To Sync Your Site Audiences to Facebook or Google Ads
- Select Facebook Custom Audience.
- Choose a Facebook account and Facebook pixel. You can edit the audience name or keep it as is.
- Click Create and Sync Audience button to create a Custom Audience in your Facebook Ads Manager account.
Now that you’ve activated your site visitor audience, it’ll start identifying, tracking, and tagging site visitors. Over the next 30, 60, and 90 days, your audience will grow. Go to the Audiences tab in Clearbit to watch it build over time.
📝 Please note: You’ll be able to see your saved audience in the Companies tab in Clearbit Advertising, for reuse later. You’ve also created a new audience based on the audience, which you can access in the Audiences tab in Clearbit—and see its synced Custom Audience in Facebook Ads Manager.
How To Use Your Site Audience in a Facebook or Google Campaign
Go to the Audiences tab in Facebook or Google Ads Manager to see your new audience.
When will my audience be large enough to use?
Site Visitor Audiences populate over time as people land on your website. The longer you wait, the larger the audience will be. You may have to wait up to 30 days for your audience to grow large enough to use. Note that the more criteria you’ve specified to narrow down your site visitor audience, the longer it’ll take to gather new members who qualify for it.
And that’s it. Once your new custom audience is all grown up, you can use it when you create or edit a campaign.