Set Up Contact Audience for Facebook and Google Ads
Last Updated: May 16, 2022
Create or select a person or company audience to use as your contact audience. Contact Audiences let you advertise to a specific list of people in your database. It’s a lot like uploading a CSV to Facebook or Google, but Contact Audiences automatically refresh each day and have better match rates.
Skip Ahead to:
Create a Contact Audience in Clearbit
- Navigate to the Advertising tab and select create a New Audience.
- Choose the option Advertise to contacts.
- Create a New Audience or choose An Existing Audience.
If you already have an audience in Clearbit you want to use, you can click on Person Audiences or Company Audiences to browse through your choices.
To create a brand-new audience. Choose either the Create a Company Audience or Create a Person Audience radio button.
Person Audiences: let you define specific people from specific companies you want to target.
Company Audiences: let you define specific companies, and Clearbit will include anyone that you have in your database associated with that company.
Once you choose, give the audience a name and choose a collection (folder) so you can reference it for other audiences later.
Next, specify the criteria for the people or companies you want to target. When you create a Contact Audience, you can use three types of criteria:
- Clearbit attributes.
- CRM records (accounts, opportunities, contacts, and leads).
- Person or company page views (target based on individuals’ activity on your website using Clearbit’s identify call or on company-level website activity using Clearbit tag).
📝 Please note: It may take up to 24 hours for the Facebook audience to build to its full size, although it is already ready and available to use in a campaign. So you can start launching it or prepare it for review. Once Facebook has been able to process all of this data, this estimate will update to reflect the actual audience size available.
- Name your New Audience and click the Next button.
💡 Clearbit tip: Prospect Audiences generally perform best with larger audiences, but if you need to get more specific, try adding a Title Keyword to your search.
How To Sync Your Contact Audiences to Facebook
- Choose the Facebook that you want to sync this audience to and name your new Facebook Custom Audience.
- Click Create and Sync Audience, and go to the Audiences tab in Facebook to see your new audience and use it in campaigns.