Set Up Clearbit Legacy Forms for Pardot
Last Updated: May 19, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Clearbit Forms for Pardot forms equips you with useful data on every single lead. When a prospect enters their email address, Clearbit goes to work, pulling in details like company name, job title, location, and more.
Skip Ahead to:
Set Up Clearbit Forms for Pardot
- In Clearbit, click the Configuration tab in the sidebar.
Copy the Clearbit tag snippet from the Configuration page.
Log into your Pardot account and go to the Layout Templates section (or pardot.com/layouttemplate).
- Click on the Name of the Layout Template used on the forms you want to do Form Shortening on.
- Click on the Edit Layout Template button.
- Click the Form tab and paste the Tags.js snippet at the very bottom of the code below </form>.
To define your Allowed Sites, click the Add domain button, type in your site, and click Save.
Allowed Sites defines which pages of your website will activate Autofill or Form Shortening, and which pages to ignore, directly in the configuration interface. Allowed Sites are required. If Allowed Sites are not defined, Clearbit will not activate Forms on your website.
💡 Clearbit Tip: To autofill or shorten forms at a specific address. Enter the specific URL (e.g. example.com or example.com/blog). To allow autofill & shortening for all forms on a specific domain enter a wildcard (e.g. example.com/* or *.example.com/*). If you'd like to learn more about Allowed Sites click here.
Under the Form Settings section, choose whether you'd like to enable:
- Form field Autofill - All fields will be visible when enriched
- Form Shortening - Fields will be hidden by default, and only show if Clearbit cannot enrich the field
- Identify on Submit - Identify calls allow you to match individual People (ie, email addresses) to website activity. We will automatically match email addresses submitted through Forms to identify calls. This is only available for Hubpsot, Marketo and Pardot forms
📝 Please note:
- In order for the Identify on Submit feature to work, click the Connections tab (aka the lightening bold icon on the left side of the screen), and confirm that Tracking is enabled, just as it is in the screenshot below:
- If Form Shortening is off, then all form fields will remain visible at all times. Once toggled on, form fields (other than the Email field) will remain hidden, only appearing if Clearbit does not have data available.
Set Up Field Mapping
- Navigate to your Form Field Mapping tab from the Configuration page.
- Click Add Mapping to create a new field mapping.
- Select the Clearbit Attribute you would like to sync. Then choose the corresponding form field you want to enrich with that data.
📝 Please note: for the integration to function properly, you may need to ensure that email is the first field in the forms.