Set Up Clearbit for Google Analytics: Universal Analytics
💡 Please note: This guide only applies to GA Universal Analytics. If you are using GA 4, then you need to follow this guide instead.
Skip Ahead To:
Connect to a Google Analytics Property
- Install the Clearbit Tag
- Go to the Connections tab the Clearbit platform and lick Connect next to Google Analytics.
- Select Standard or Analytics 360 Suite based on your version of GA, and click Connect Google Analytics. You will be prompted to sign into GA. Make sure the individual that signs in here has admin-level access to the GA account.
- Click Set up properties, and select your GA property from the dropdown menu.
If this dropdown menu is empty, then your GA account is still syncing with the Clearbit platform in the background. Please wait for a bit and check again until your GA properties are populated there.
Configure Custom Dimension Mappings
- Select the Clearbit attribute you want on the left, and on the right, you can map that attribute to any of your existing custom dimensions.
📝 Please note: Standard GA accounts are limited to 20 custom dimensions, meaning you can map up to 20 Clearbit attributes. If you have an Analytics 360 Suite account, then you can map more.
You can also create new custom dimensions without logging into GA by typing into the Dimension dropdown field and clicking Create.
- Once your mappings are set, click Create and sync dimensions. You will see a warning prompt asking you to double-check the mappings you’ve set. It’s difficult to get data out of GA once it’s added, so make sure they are correct!
- Click Confirm and sync, and you’re done! Now each time Clearbit identifies a company on your website, the data it has for that company will get piped into GA following the custom dimension mappings you configured.