Troubleshoot Legacy Pardot Forms Integration
Last Updated: August 19, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Skip Ahead to:
- My Field Mappings aren't Loading for Either Pardot Forms or Pardot Enrichment
- Fix the "Can't assign permission set Clearbit User Permissions to user . The user license doesn't allow Visualforce Page Access." Error
My Field Mappings aren't Loading for Either Pardot Forms or Pardot Enrichment
If your field mappings aren't loading, this means you will not be able to map fields within the UI. To fix this, please upgrade their Pardot API from v3 to v4. This is because Clearbit's API is only compatible with v4 of Pardot's API. Version 4 of Pardot APIs are for accounts that have the allow multiple prospects with the same email address (AMPSEA) feature enabled. So by enabling this feature you are automatically upgraded to v4.
💡 Clearbit Tip: For related content, see:
Fix the "Can't assign permission set Clearbit User Permissions to user <SFDC User Name>. The user license doesn't allow Visualforce Page Access." Error
"Can't assign permission set Clearbit User Permissions to user <SFDC User Name>. The user license doesn't allow Visualforce Page Access."
What is a B2BMA user?
Salesforce's Pardot Integration creates a user called "B2BMA Integration" with a user License type of "B2BMA Integration User" and a profile of "B2BMA Integration User", which is API only. This license type isn't in Saleforce's documentation, so Clearbit is not querying for users of this license type in Clearbit Settings. Additionally, this Profile cannot be assigned the Clearbit Permission Set because it is API only; the Permission Set has permissions for Visualforce pages, and API only users can't be given permissions for Visualforce pages.
The B2BMA Integration user in Salesforce can't enrich records, can't be found in the Clearbit Settings user list, and can't be assigned the permission set manually
How to Give the B2BMA Integration User Enrichment Permission
Assign an (You'll need support access for this).and a Clearbit User Settings Custom Setting to the B2BMA Integration user.
Assign the Permission Set
- Go to Setup > Manage Users > Permission Sets.
- Click the Permission Set Clearbit User Permissions - API Only.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Find and select the B2BMA Integration user, and click Assign.
Assign the Custom Setting
- In Setup, navigate to Develop > Custom Settings.
- Click Manage next to Clearbit User Settings.
- Click New.
- In Location, select User, and find/select the B2BMA Integration ****user. Check the box for User can Enrich records, and uncheck the box for User can view Prospector.
- Click Save. Once Clearbit User Permissions for API Users is assigned and the Clearbit User Settings are assigned, the integration user should be able properly enrich the records it creates!