Set Up Clearbit for Salesforce
Last Updated: October 6, 2022
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Connecting your Salesforce instance in the Clearbit Platform unlocks multiple pieces of the Clearbit Platform, depending on your subscription. For example enriching your Salesforce records, or allowing you to use your first-party data in addition to Clearbit’s dataset and intent data, to create more granular audiences and workflows.
Authenticating your Salesforce can be set up in a few clicks. Follow these steps to start using Salesforce in Clearbit.
How to Connect Salesforce with Clearbit
Prior to connecting Salesforce to the Clearbit platform, we recommend creating an integration user. That way, when a team member leaves your organization, the connection between Salesforce and Clearbit won’t break. If you prefer not to create an integration user, please make sure your dedicated Salesforce Admin makes the authentication in the Clearbit platform and skip to Step 3.
📝 Please note: Ensure that the user making that authentication has the box API Enabled in the Administrative Permissions checked. Otherwise, the sync with Clearbit will fail.
- Define your object and field-level permissions in Salesforce.
You can go about this two ways:
2.1 Sync all Objects, Records, and Fields
If you would like to sync all of your Salesforce data to Clearbit, make sure your Integration User has read permissions for all of the following objects (and fields on those objects):
Clearbit will only sync objects, records, and fields that the authenticated user has permission to read. To restrict specific data from being synced and displayed in Clearbit, define your Salesforce profiles and permission sets to restrict the authenticated user's read access to those objects, records, and/or fields. Here is how you restrict permissions to certain records.
- Head to your Connections tab in the Clearbit platform and click the Connect button next to the Salesforce connector.
Choose the Salesforce environment you would like to connect to.
Production - your live production environment.
Sandbox - typically a partial or full replica of your production account, used to test new configurations and settings before deploying to your live environment.
Sign in to your Salesforce account to authenticate with Clearbit. Upon authentication, your Salesforce data is synced every 4 hours, so Clearbit may be a few hours behind at any given time.
📝 Please note: While Clearbit will sync the objects (leads, accounts, contacts, opportunities), fields, records, and users that the authentication user has access to, Clearbit will never overwrite any of your data.
Articles in this section
- Can I Leverage Clearbit for a Salesforce Sandboxes for Testing Purposes?
- Does Clearbit Offer an API I can leverage if I Need to Enrich a Salesforce Record on Demand?
- What Triggers a Salesforce Record to be Enriched by Clearbit?
- Does Clearbit Enrich Existing Records in Salesforce in Addition to New Records?
- How Frequently is Data Enriched in Salesforce by Clearbit?
- What are the Differences between Salesforce Managed Package and Salesforce on Platform?
- Set Up Clearbit for Salesforce
- Set Up Clearbit Enrichment Field Mapping for Salesforce
- What are Salesforce Enrichment Logs?
- Getting Started with Clearbit for Salesforce