Legacy: How Can I Add a Google Analytics Tracker Name via Google Tag Manager?
Last Updated: January 12, 2024
🔍 Please note: This article is for customers on Standard Bundle, Enrichment, or Clearbit Platform plans. If you signed up in 2024, you are on a Sales Intelligence for HubSpot plan: Free, Growth, or Business.
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
Tracker names are used when there are more than a single Google Analytics property deployed to a page so that Clearbit can understand where you would like to send the revealed company data. Depending on your site configuration, your team may want to send data to a single property, multiple selected properties, or all properties that appear on a page.
- In GTM, select the GA tag you would like to add a tracker name to.
- Select the pencil icon in the top right of the tag to edit.
- Click the Advanced Settings dropdown.
- Select the Additional Tag Metadata dropdown.
- Check the Include tag name box.
- Enter a name that will not be used elsewhere in your GA/GTM configurations. Suggested best practice would be to append the date to the selected front portion of the name. It cannot include a dash or underscore. This should not use the Google Analytics property id (ie "UA-XXXXXXX").