Troubleshoot Google Conversions
Last Updated: November 10, 2022
This article offers troubleshooting steps if you are not receiving any conversions in Google Ads despite records populating in your People Audience within the Clearbit Platform.
One common misunderstanding is that the audience will send a conversion for every record that enters the audience. However, Clearbit only sends conversion events to Google if:
- The person in the audience has clicked on a Google Ad,x
- The person has been identified (e.g. via an identify call), and
- The Google Ad click collected from Clearbit has a Google Click ID (GCLID) in the URL.
With that this clarification in mind, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Check if the people in the audience do indeed have click events.
- If there are click events, check if any of them came from Google. You can tell by looking at the URL and seeing if it has a Google Click ID. You would see "gcid=" in the URL: