Setting Up Reveal with Optimizely
How will this integration help me?
When you use Clearbit's Reveal with Optimizely, this powerful combo allows you to craft unique user journeys directly on your company’s website (even as your visitors stay anonymous!). With Optimizely, you can tailor the digital experience by showing social proof logos, changing hero images, displaying specific text, and making available case studies based on the visitor's industry or type of business.
IP addresses can tell you a lot about your visitors, like their physical location (country or state), time zone, and company size. Using Clearbit’s Reveal technology, you can now use a visitor's IP address to find over 50 data points, including Company Name, Employee Count, Company Location, Revenue, and understand the tech a company's using. Knowing this data gives you a huge advantage: you have the ability to speak to different audiences with thoughtfulness and care on who they are and what'd be most useful to them.
By creating a hyper-personalized marketing approach, you nurture better engagement, higher conversion rates and, ultimately, more of the right kind of customers. Let’s get started!
<!-- This snippet connects your website to Clearbit Reveal --> <script src="https://reveal.clearbit.com/v1/companies/reveal?variable=reveal&authorization=YOUR_KEY"></script> <!-- Standard Optimizely script --> <script src="https://cdn.optimizely.com/js/XXXXXXXXX.js"></script>
Step 2 - Check your Optimizely settings
With Optimizely up and running, the relevant pages should be set to be activated immediately.
You can do so when you:
1. Navigate to the Implementation Tab on the left side panel.
2. Select Events, and click on the More Options button on the right hand side to open Settings.
3. Under Activation Mode, select Immediately (default) + press Save Page
Step 3 - Design your experiment with Optimizely
Start creating Experiments & Audiences that are driven off of your shiny, new Reveal data!
Let's walk through an example together: your website attracts 500,000 monthly unique visitors, but the Sales team constantly complains to you about the lack of legitimate enterprise leads.
With Reveal in place, you can now customize the homepage experience for visitors from companies with over 50 employees so they see a more prominent header, like “Acme for Enterprise”.
1. Navigate into the Experiments tab, and click Create New to begin configuring.
2. For this scenario, select Personalization Campaign.
3. Name the experiment and define the Experiment Description
4. You can then choose to target by URL, or multiple saved pages to optimize a funnel or cross-site experience.
5. In the configuration box, select to Create a New Audience (example below) or select an existing one.
Creating a New Audience:
- Add a name and Description
- On the right hand side, navigate to Custom Java Script and drag and drop into the Audience Conditions dashboard.
- Add condition(s) that use Reveal Attribute. For our example::
window.reveal && window.reveal.company.metrics.employees >= 50
- Save Audience
6. Saving will navigate you to a the Experiment Campaign Dashboard:
7. You will then set your variations for the experiment. A Page, a Metric, and set the percentage of visitors that will see the Variation from the original site. In this case, in order to show customized content to all eligible site visitors, select 100% as the Traffic Distribution percentage for Variation #1.
8. Press Create Experiment.
9. Add custom variations on your page to host unique user journeys.
In general, there are four variation options available to you.
These strategies are implementable within a few minutes:
- Make a change to an existing element
- Insert customized HTML on the site
- Insert a customized image on the site
- Redirect the visitor to another page
10. Press Start Experiment