How to log in to Clearbit
Last Updated: November 14, 2023
We're excited to introduce a more secure and user-friendly way to access Clearbit. In our commitment to safeguarding our customer’s account data, we're leaving behind the username and password system and adopting a more modern authentication method called “magic links”. This enhances security by confirming the user's ownership of the registered email address, reducing common account attacks, and providing a reliable method for account recovery and authentication. It is a valuable tool for strengthening the security of online accounts and services.
How does it work?
Instead of using a password, sign in to Clearbit by following these steps:
- Visit our sign-in page and enter your email.
- Check your email inbox for a message titled 'Your login request to Clearbit.'
- Open the email and click the provided temporary magic link.
- You will be logged into your Clearbit account securely.
Why are we doing this?
Our goal with this change is to enhance your app experience, prioritizing security, efficiency, and user-friendliness. Here's why this change benefits users:
- New SSO methods: We'll be introducing new ways to log in securely and easily as a part of this change, including SSO login using Google and Hubspot!
- Enhanced Security: Magic links are much more secure than traditional passwords. With passwords, there's always a risk of them being guessed or stolen. Magic links eliminate this risk because they are unique, time-sensitive, and can only be used by the email inbox owner.
- No More Forgotten Passwords: Say goodbye to the frustration of forgetting your password or resetting access to your account.
- Faster and Easier Access: Logging in becomes a breeze. You'll receive an email with a magic link whenever you want to access our app. Click it, and you're instantly logged in.
I’m not receiving the email
- Check your Spam folder. This is rare, but it’s possible the email landed in spam.
- Check your Promotions folder. This shouldn’t be the case, but it’s possible the email landed in your promotions folder.
- Search your inbox for the sender, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- If you do not see the email within 5 minutes, please try again.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you need help accessing your account.
How do I invite my teammates to my account?
Please login, head to the Team tab, and add in any additional users.
What if I use a shared login?
With our move to passwordless authentication, we strongly recommend that you use your own email to login instead of a shared email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). This way, you can easily access the magic link we send you via email to log in. Don't worry, this won't affect your package as Clearbit allows for unlimited seats.
All you need to do is invite your personal work email to your account. Here’s how:
- Identify someone (or you!) who has access to the shared email inbox (for example, email@example.com).
- Log in to Clearbit with the shared email. Access the shared inbox and find the email from Clearbit. Use the magic link to access your account.
- Head to the Team tab, and invite yourself and any other teammates who typically use the shared login to Clearbit.
- Open up your personal work email, and accept the invitation to Clearbit.
- Voila! You now can access Clearbit with your own email instead of the shared login.
What if I signed up with an email that I don’t have access to?
Please see the instructions for “What if I use a shared login?”. If you nor any of your teammates have access to the email inbox, our support team can assist you. We can reinstate access after a few identification checks to verify that you’re an authorized user of the account. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click 'submit a request' in the top right-hand corner) and we’ll get you access in a jiffy.
What if I use SAML?
Please follow the instructions in our SAML guides. If you have multiple Clearbit accounts, please be sure each setup has unique SSO app login tiles.
I'm still having trouble...
We've got your back! Please reach out to email@example.com (or click 'submit a request' in the top right-hand corner) with the details of the issue you are hitting.