Set Up HubSpot Company Records through Zapier Automatically
Last Updated: June 3, 2022
Whenever Clearbit matches one of your website visitor’s ip address to a company, you’ll get a fully enriched profile you can use to create Company records in HubSpot through Zapier.
Set Up Instructions
- Install the Clearbit Tag.
- Jump over to the Companies section of Clearbit.
- Click the New collection button if you haven’t created one already.
...next to your collection and select new audience.
- Create a Company audience that narrows your traffic based on the criteria that’s important to you. In the example below, we filter traffic from a demo website to only show companies that have visited any page on the website at least 1 time in the last month and where the Company Exists property in HubSpot equals
📝 Please note: See Set Up Audiences in Clearbit for more detailed instructions about this step, if needed.
- Once the audience is created, Use a Webhook Destination to start configuring the webhook that will send the information on the company visiting your website over to Zapier. For the Trigger section, select the When a company enters the audience trigger option. This will send information over to Zapier as soon as a new company enters the audience, which will kickoff the record creation process in HubSpot.
- We now need to open a new tab, jump into Zapier and create a new zap that uses the Webhooks app trigger with a Catch Hook event. After you hit continue, you'll need to copy the provided Custom Webhook URL and hop back over to Clearbit to paste it in the Webhook URL field.
📝 Please note: Check enable delivery suppression checkbox if you’d like to avoid receiving data on the same companies in a short period of time.
- For the Customize your Payload section, HubSpot company records require either the company’s domain or name to be created, so in this example we’ll start with those.
- To test the webhook is correctly sending information to Zapier, click the run test button found at the bottom of the destination setup. Assuming traffic is being collected in Clearbit already, you should get a success indicator in Zapier after you click their test trigger button.
- Add HubSpot as an action in your zap with a Create Company event.
In the action setup, you’ll be shown all of the HubSpot Company record’s standard and custom properties that you can populate data to.
- Test the Company record gets created correctly in HubSpot by clicking the Zapier test & continue button to create the Company record in HubSpot. You should now have a newly created company using Clearbit’s data 🎉.
📝 Please note: HubSpot has a built-in feature, , that attempts to populate information on a company automatically by simply adding a domain. The information there may differ from Clearbit’s own data and you might want to consider disabling it to avoid any ambiguity.