Configure Enrichment Field Mappings
❗Disclaimer: If you signed up after Feb 15, 2022, please follow these instructions on Set Up Clearbit Enrichment Field Mapping for Salesforce.
Clearbit's Enrichment Field Mapping allows users to map any Clearbit attribute to a field in Salesforce quickly and easily. This removes the dependency on Process Builder and gives you much more flexibility for specifying how the data should be mapped and updated over time.
Skip Ahead to:
- Field Mapping
- Overwrite Settings
- Create a new Field Mapping
- Create a new Address Field Set
- Remove a Field Mapping
- Key attributes
Navigate to Clearbit Settings and click Field Mapping to get to the view in the screenshot below. The Field Mapping enables data to be mapped from fields on the Clearbit object to a field of your choice on Accounts/Contacts/Leads. If you want Clearbit data to be written to your Accounts, Leads, and Contacts, make sure Field Mapping is enabled for each object. The field mapping section has 3 tabs, one for each of the record types that we enrich in Salesforce (i.e. Accounts, Leads, and Contacts). To get toNavigate to
There are 3 overwrite settings available:
- Blank - Clearbit will only populate the field if it is blank or populated with "[[unknown]]" as a value.
- Tracked -Clearbit will populate blank or [[unknown]] fields and will also update them as the data changes (think employee count, revenue, Alexa rank etc). It will never overwrite data that you have manually entered. Phone Number would be a good example of a field that you should set to Tracked rather than Always.
- Always - Clearbit will always overwrite the data in this field and keep it up to date even if you change it manually.
Create a new Field Mapping
Clearbit's Salesforce package will no longer set any default field mappings for any objects (i.e. Accounts, Leads, Contacts). Upon installing our package, you will have to configure your field mappings if you want Clearbit to write data to any fields.
- Click the Add New Field button at the bottom of the screen and an empty field mapping will appear.
- On the left side, begin entering the name of the Clearbit field you would like to map.
- On the right side, select a destination field. This is the field that will receive the specified Clearbit data when enrichment occurs. The available destination fields will be filtered down to fields of the same field type. This means you can’t map a text field to a numeric field.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
📝 Please note: The Overwrite Setting will be Tracked by default so change that if necessary.
Create a new Address Field Set
Address Field Sets use specific logic to group fields and prevent overwritten or mismatched data. You can specify the Clearbit Source - Person or Company and the Destination in Salesforce.
📝 Please note: that the Address Field Set is treated as tracked as a single entity - if a country or state is already written in, Clearbit senses that data and none of the rest of the items will be pushed.
❗Disclaimer: Picklists! Our mapping tool will only write US values (without Canadian/International values) when State and Country/Territory picklists are enabled in Salesforce Setup. Unless you are okay with only using our tool to enrich addresses in the United States, we recommend disabling State and Country/Territory picklists. To check whether you have these enabled, go to Salesforce Setup > State and Country/Territory Picklists and read through the steps there to see if you have these picklists enabled. If these picklists are disabled, we will return all values (US, Canadian and International, included).
Remove a Field Mapping
To remove a mapping, simply click on the remove button to the right of the field mapping and then save.
Below are a handful of the attributes frequently used by customers for lead scoring, identifying companies that fit the ICP, and finding the right person to reach out to.