The Salesforce Destination allows you to create a task or chatter message in Salesforce whenever a person/company matches a segment.
Common use cases include -
- Assign your account executives a task in SFDC when a named account with no activity in the last 30 days hits our site.
- Notify your account executives when any of their accounts with an open opportunity has a spike in traffic and hits the pricing page.
- Create a task when a contact leaves their job.
Best Practice: Because you don't want your Sales team's inboxes flooded with open tasks, we recommend that you use this destination with only narrowly scoped segments.
The Salesforce destination can be enabled from the Destinations tab of any segment.
Trigger - Sets the criteria for a person/company to trigger the destination.
- Page view - Triggers every time company/person views a page on your site.
- Segment enter - Triggers only when a company/person enters the segment.
- Segment exit - Triggers only when a company/person exits the segment.
Create a Task - Creates an open task in Salesforce on the Account/Lead/Contact that matches the segment. This task will automatically be assigned to the record owner. Note: If a company/person is associated with multiple Salesforce records, a task will be added to each.
Send as Chatter Message - Posts a chatter message whenever a person/company matches the segment.
Subject Template - Sets a custom subject for the Task (customize with Liquid templates).
Body Template - Sets a custom message for the comments on the Task or the body of the Chatter post (customize with Liquid templates).
Suppression settings - When enabled, suppresses accounts from being included in the digest if they've been included in the past within the past x days/weeks/months. In the image below, an account would only be in an email digest if they haven't been included in the past 2 weeks.