Set Up the Salesforce Destination
Last Updated: September 27, 2023
For pricing information, please fill out the demo-request form on our pricing page to get in touch with a sales representative.
The Salesforce Destination allows you to create a task or chatter message in Salesforce whenever a person/company matches an audience.
Common use cases include:
- Assign your account executives a task in SFDC when a named account with no activity in the last 30 days hits our site.
- Notify your account executives when any of their accounts with an open opportunity has a spike in traffic and hits the pricing page.
- Create a task when a contact leaves their job.
💡 Clearbit Tip: Because you don't want your Sales team's inboxes flooded with open tasks, we recommend that you use this destination with only narrowly scoped audiences.
Enable the Destination
- Navigate to any audience in Clearbit.
- Click the Destinations tab.
- Click the Create button in the Salesforce box, and a pop up will appear.
- Select one of the options in the Trigger box, which sets the criteria for a person/company to trigger the destination:
When a company enters the audience
- Triggers only when a company/person enters the audience.
When a company exists the audience
- Triggers only when a company/person exits the audience.
On page view
- Triggers every time company/person views a page on your site.
- When a company enters the audience
- Select one of the Configure Salesforce options:
Post message to Salesforce chatter
- Posts a chatter message whenever a person/company matches the audience.
- Body Template - Sets a custom message for the comments on the body of the Chatter post (customize with Liquid templates).
Create a Salesforce Task
- Creates an open task in Salesforce on the Account/Lead/Contact that matches the audience. This task will automatically be assigned to the record owner. Note: If a company/person is associated with multiple Salesforce records, a task will be added to each.
- Post message to Salesforce chatter
- Write your message in the Message body box.
- Decide if you want to Enable Delivery Suppression. When enabled, people/companies that you've been alerted to within the past x days/weeks/months will be excluded. In the image below, a company would only trigger the Destination if they haven't triggered one in the past 5 days.
- Click the Save changes button.