How to Install, Uninstall and Test Clearbit in a Salesforce Sandbox
Last Updated: May 17, 2022
❗Disclaimer: This article is only relevant if you purchased our Salesforce integration before February 15th, 2022.
Salesforce sandboxes are copies of your Production environment. A sandbox contains all the configuration, customization, apps and code that you have made to your Production environment (where users login and work every day). Salesforce sandbox testing is an important requirement for operations and Salesforce admins who manage complex Salesforce implementations that lie at the center of critical business processes.
Configuring Database Enrichment in a Salesforce Sandbox first allows teams to test and refine their setup without any risk of harm to the data or processes that your go-to-market teams rely on to the market, sell, and success customers. After testing and validating your configuration, you can replicate your sandbox settings in your production environment (and primary Clearbit account) with the confidence that your setup will not disrupt critical business processes.
The Clearbit product and engineering team thoroughly tests every new package before pushing to sandboxes. As we all know, every Salesforce instance is unique with customizations, integrations, and layouts. To ensure the new version of the Clearbit Salesforce package works properly before upgrading your production org we have put together a testing guide.
Follow these steps after the newest package has been pushed to your sandbox
Skip Ahead to:
- How To Test Enrichment
- How To Test Prospector
- How To Test New Features
- Uninstalling the Clearbit Package
- Permission Set Errors When Uninstalling
How To Test Enrichment
Validate each test by confirming that new and existing leads are enriched and fields are mapped correctly.
- Manually create new accounts, contact, and lead records.
- Upload a large (>500) number of records to your sandbox.
- Backfill account, contact, and leads.
- Confirm the widget displays on account, contact, and lead pages.
- If a new Enrichment field has been added, try mapping the new field to your records and confirm it passes through successfully.
How To Test Prospector
Validate each test by confirming you are able to create accounts, contacts, and leads.
- Create an account record from the Prospector app.
- Create a lead record from the Prospector app.
- Create a contact record from the Prospector app.
- Create a lead record from the widget on an existing account record.
- Create a contact record from the widget on an existing account record.
How To Test New Features
For new features, please read through the package release notes and confirm that you can access and use the tools as expected.
- Confirm new Enrichment attributes can be mapped to your records.
- Confirm new company and person search criteria in Prospector return results you know already exist in the Prospector pool.
- For permissions-related changes, test adding new users and editing permissions for existing users and confirm these users have the correct access rights.
Uninstalling the Clearbit Package
- Navigate to Setup.
- Click Installed Packages.
- Click on the uninstall link next to Clearbit for Salesforce.
This process usually runs very smoothly, but keep in mind that as a security feature, Salesforce will not allow admins to uninstall a package that currently has components in use. This means that if you are using Clearbit data in processes, workflows, or formulas, you’ll need to remove or deactivate them before uninstalling. You’ll also want to remove the Clearbit widget from your page layouts. Luckily, if there are any errors when you uninstall, Salesforce will display the steps necessary to remedy them in the error message.
Permission Set Errors When Uninstalling
If you encounter a Permission Set error during uninstall that you are unable to resolve, make sure that no users have the Clearbit User Permissions permission set assigned.
- Head to Setup.
- In the Quick Find search bar, type Permission Set.
- Click Clearbit User Permissions.
- Click Manage Assignments to remove any users that have this permission set assigned.