Install and Test Clearbit in a Salesforce Sandbox
Testing new packages in sandboxes
The Clearbit product and engineering team thoroughly tests every new package before pushing to sandboxes. As we all know, every Salesforce instance is unique with customizations, integrations, and layouts. To ensure the new version of the Clearbit Salesforce package works properly before upgrading your production org we have put together a testing guide.
Follow these steps after the newest package has been pushed to your sandbox.
Validate each test by confirming that new and existing leads are enriched and fields are mapped correctly.
- Manually create new account, contact, and lead records.
- Upload a large (>500) number of records to your sandbox.
- Backfill account, contact, and leads.
- Confirm the widget displays on account, contact, and lead pages.
- If a new Enrichment field has been added, try mapping the new field to your records and confirm it passes through successfully.
Validate each test by confirming you are able to create accounts, contacts, and leads.
- Create an account record from the Prospector app.
- Create a lead record from the Prospector app.
- Create a contact record from the Prospector app.
- Create a lead record from the widget on an existing account record.
- Create a contact record from the widget on an existing account record.
For new features, please read through the package release notes and confirm that you can access and use the tools as expected.
- Confirm new Enrichment attributes can be mapped to your records.
- Confirm new company and person search criteria in Prospector return results you know already exist in the Prospector pool.
- For permissions related changes, test adding new users and editing permissions for existing users and confirm these users have the correct access rights.