Getting Started with Clearbit Forms
Last Updated: May 19, 2022
Clearbit Forms helps you increase conversion rates by shortening and/or auto-filling your forms, without sacrificing the data you need to qualify, route, and sell. You can currently use Clearbit Forms with Marketo, Hubspot, and Pardot.
Skip Ahead to:
How To Use Clearbit Forms
Clearbit Forms can be used in two ways:
- Autofill automatically populates fields in a form with Clearbit data based on your Field Mapping settings when a user types their email. Autofill is recommended for companies that want to give their users the ability to edit or update enriched field values (e.g. when a user is creating and configuring a new account).
- Form Shortening is the most commonly used option, and is recommended for companies who want to maximize conversion rates, and do not need to give users the ability to edit or update enriched field values. Form Shortening works by hiding the fields you want to autofill to reduce the length of your form and encourage more visitors to initiate a form submission.
After entering their email, Clearbit enriches the hidden fields in the form and dynamically un-hides any fields that cannot be enriched. This ensures your forms are shortened without sacrificing the data you need to qualify, route, and sell effectively.
Set Up Clearbit Form Shortening and Autofill
- Install the Clearbit Tag
- In Clearbit, click the Forms tab, then the Configure button on any of the integrations.
- To define your Allowed Sites, click the Add domain button, type in your site, and click Save.
Allowed Sites defines which pages of your website will activate Autofill or Form Shortening, and which pages to ignore, directly in the configuration interface. Allowed Sites are required. If Allowed Sites are not defined, Clearbit will not activate Forms on your website.
To autofill or shorten forms at a specific address. Enter the specific URL (e.g. example.com or example.com/blog). To allow autofill & shortening for all forms on a specific domain enter a wildcard (e.g. example.com/* or *.example.com/*). Here are some examples:
All Pages on All Subdomains
Typically used for teams who want to activate Forms across the entire website.
All Pages on Primary Domain Only
Activates Forms on all pages on the primary domain. Does not activate forms on any subdomains. Clearbit assumes domains begin with “www” unless specified.
All Pages on One Subdomain
Only activates on pages on a specific subdomain. Typically used for teams who host lead gen forms on a website subdomain.
All Pages in Subpage Directory
Activates Forms on all pages within the subdirectory.
Commonly used when deploying Form Shortening in a test environment.
Clearbit assumes that all pages are secure, and appends https:// to the URL. To activate Forms on unsecured pages, you must define the http URL.
- Under the Form Settings section, choose whether you'd like to enable:
- Form field Autofill - All fields will be visible when enriched
- Form Shortening - Fields will be hidden by default, and only show if Clearbit cannot enrich the field
- Identify on Submit -Identify calls allow you to match individual People (ie, email addresses) to website activity. We will automatically match email addresses submitted through Forms to identify calls. This is only available for Hubpsot, Marketo and Pardot forms.
📝 Please note: If Form Shortening is off, then all form fields will remain visible at all times. Once toggled on, form fields (other than the Email field) will remain hidden, only appearing if Clearbit does not have data available.
Set Up Field Mapping
- Navigate to your Form Field Mapping tab from the Configuration page.
- Click the Add Mapping button to create a new field mapping.
- Select the Clearbit Attribute you would like to sync. Then choose the corresponding form field you want to enrich with that data.
- Click the Save Settings button to update and save your field mapping settings.
⏭ Next step: